Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Curly Girl Method: Week #3

I think I know now what the tips meant when they said your curls may get worse.

My curls are worse than they were the first two weeks, but they aren't worse than when I started. But I do have a few frustrations with my curls right now. But first, pictures.


As you can see, it's inbetween where I was from before I started the Curly Girl Method and my first week. There are a few factors I think that have led to this:

1. My hair-fussing habit has returned! AH! After I put the gel in my hair and style it, I can't help but keep messing with it because it just doesn't look right. Which leads me to point two.

2. I think I need to get my hair cut. I haven't cut it since last August and the length is just awkward.

3. It's so stinking cold outside that my hair freezes as I walk to school, because you technically aren't supposed to blow dry your hair on the Curly Girl Method; You can use a diffuser, but alas, I do not have one. Therefore, my hair freezes and then as it air dries, something makes it frizz. Maybe my hair is just allergic to cold weather.

Also, sometimes it's really windy, and that makes it frizz too, because it's (almost) the same effect as blow drying. And, I can't wear a hat, because then I would have serious hat hair for the rest of the day. If there is one thing I have learned about my curly hair, it's that you never wear a hat unless your hair is completely dry, or you plan on wearing it for the rest of the day. For instance, the day during my senior year of high school when the power went out across town while I was taking a shower, and it didn't come back on until halfway through first period. That was a definite all-day hat day.

What's weird about my curls though, is they are super curly on the bottom layer, and not so curly on the top. I have this awesome curl right by my ear that is in the perfect shape of a slinky, and all day during class I've been playing with it, pulling it out and letting it bounce back to place--it may or may not have been a pretty boring day in my moral judgements class.

So, here's my plan of attack:
1. Stop fussing with my hair after I've put in the gel. Maybe I need to put in a little bit more gel to get it to stay curly.
2. Get a hair cut...sometime...when I have sufficient time and funds.
3. In the near future, invest in a diffuser. For now, either shower earlier or ponytail it on really cold days.


Song of the Week: I Wanna Go-Britney Spears

I'll admit it: Britney is my home girl. The first CD I ever bought was "...Baby One More Time." I never did see "Crossroads," but from what I've heard, I'm kinda glad I never did. And even though she had those spastic, crazy years, she has made quite the comeback. I do have to say though, the first time I heard this song, I actually heard a Hunger Games parody of it (which I'll link to below). I did eventually hear the real version, and I absolutely love it. It's become my new walking to class/workout jam (the real version, not the Hunger Games version).

No comments:

Post a Comment