Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Curly Craft Circle

I don't know what it is about having a break from school that makes my inner-Martha Stewart come out, but yesterday I was in the mood to do a craft. I saw the idea for a button bracelet on pinterest and decided to give it a whirl. I spent less than $5 on this, which is good for my budget.

Here are the supplies you need:

  

-Elastic band
-Buttons
-Thread
-Needle

1. Take the elastic band and measure it around your wrist. I made mine a little loose, but you can make it as tight as you want to. Make sure to overlap it about 1/2 of an inch. Cut off the desired amount.
2.Pick out your desired buttons and lay them out. They may overlap a bit, so keep that in mind. Also, you can double up, layering a smaller button on top of a bigger button to give it a little bit more cuteness.
3. Sew the overlapping pieces together to make it into a wristband. I hand-stitched mine, but it might be easier with a machine.
4. Start sewing on the buttons. This process takes a little bit of time. It took me about an hour and a half to two hours until I was finished. Make sure you sew the buttons on tight enough that the stitching won't come undone.

The Finished Product!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment