Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Curly Girl Method: Week #2

Another week has gone by, and I'm still loving the Curly Girl Method. Why did I not discover this about ten years ago. I could have had such a better teenage experience without the unmanagable mane on my head.

I did my hair in a side bun today, so there aren't any pictures to show off my fabulous curls.

I'm still finding a few flaws in the steps that I've been following. For instance, I was having a struggle getting the conditioner straight to my scalp to wash it. My hair is like a vacuum and sucks in anything that comes within 10 inches of my head, kinda like that secretary in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" who keeps pulling pencils out of her hair. Anyway, whenever I would try to "wash" my hair, the conditioner wouldn't get close enough to my scalp to do anything. So, I started to try something that is working a little better. I take the conditioner and rub it between my palms, and then I get my palms and fingertips as close to my scalp as possible. That helps to get the conditioner to the source, but I also have to do another round of conditioner to get the rest of my hair the moisture it desperately needs. So, I'm going through a lot more conditioner that I thought I would.

 
Couldn't find a picture of her pulling out the pencils.


There is another step that I don't really know why it's there, but I do it anyway. It's doing the final rinse with cold water. Let me say, this step does two in one: it rinses my hair and it helps wake me up. Especially because when I turn around to turn off the shower, I get that brisk water running down my back and I do a little dance every time when it happens.

So far my hair hasn't been getting any worse, which I am quite glad. One of the websites I read said that may happen, but I hope it doesn't. But don't worry, if it does, you will all be the first to hear about it.

Song of the week: Say it Ain't So-Weezer

As I am writing this post, I am listening to my 90's rock playlist. No 90's rock playlist is complete without the presence of Weezer. My favorite is their blue album, because it reminds me of a very long road trip up to Oregon with my two brothers and my sister-in-law. Say it Ain't So is my favorite song by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment