Friday, May 11, 2012

Hello There Strangers!

Yes, it is true. You aren't just seeing things. I'm finally updating Chaotic Curls! So sorry for the long hiatus. I finished my semester in April, moved down to Utah, started work and I just needed a little bit of a writing break, but now I'm ready to get back to posting.

You'll have to forgive my photos for the next couple of months. I've forgotten my camera battery charger in the move, so I have to use my laptop camera to take my pictures now.

So, as I said before, I moved down to Utah while I am on spring/summer break from school. There are a lot of things I love about Utah, but there is at least one thing I HATE about Utah: It is so stinkin' dry here, and my hair does not like the arid heat. I have been struggling to get my hair to curl like it does up in Idaho. I don't know what the difference is between these two places, but Utah has never been too kind to my curly hair.

As you can see, I'm pretty much in the in-between place I was a couple of months ago. It's not quite curly, but it's definitely not straight.

Now, I will admit, I have gotten a little bit lax with some of the Curly Girl rules. I don't comb my hair in the shower any more (mostly cause I've misplaced my comb at the moment), and I haven't been rinsing in cold water. Also, when I went to go buy more conditioner, the Walmart here didn't have my favorite (Burt's Bees Sugar Beet Conditioner). Instead, my sister recommended the Yes! conditioner, which says it is 99.8% (or something along those lines) natural, but I'm not so sure my hair likes it all that much. So yes, these few things could be contributing to my lack-of-curls style I've got going on right now, but I still want to blame it on the Utah air.

No comments:

Post a Comment