Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Comeback

That's right. You're not seeing things. I finally have an update.

This is what my hair is looking like these days. It's doing a bit better because I'm using a new conditioner. Which brings to my sad news. My favorite conditioner, the Burt's Bees Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Conditioner is no longer being sold in stores. It is only available online until supplies last. Working in retail tells me that this particular conditioner probably isn't selling very well, so they are selling it at a lower price to get rid of it. Dang it! I loved this conditioner--not just because it smelled like those chocolate oranges you can get at Christmas time that you smack on the table and it breaks into slices--but because it did wonders for my hair.

After trying the Yes! brand of conditioner, which made me backtrack to frizzy hair land, I decided to go back to the Burt's Bees brand because it is amazing and advertises right on the bottle that their conditioners are sulfate-free. These are key-words to any Curly Girl method follower. Sulfates and Silicones are like poison to curly hair.

Very Volumizing Pomegranate Conditioner
My new best friend.


So, I chose to use the Very Volumizing Pomegranate Conditioner, and my hair is starting to get back to curly, non-frizzyness that my hair was at in March. It doesn't smell as good as the Grapefruit and Sugar Beet, but as long as it gets the job done, I guess it's alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment