Thursday, February 16, 2012

Curly Girl Update: Weeks #5-6

Surprise! I'm finally blogging again. The last couple weeks have been crazy busy for me as next week is mid-term. I've had a massive paper due last week and this week have had tests and such. This weekend most of my roommates will be gone, and I have already claimed our living room to lay out all of my remaining assignments and finish them.

I was thinking the other day about how much I complain about school and college life. But then I remember that this is all self inflicted. Unlike public K-12 school, I have chosen the stress and agony of 15 page papers, grocery shopping on a budget, waiting until the last possible moment to do laundry and lousy housing complexes that are out to get you. So I better just suck it up and deal--which should be easy-peasy since I'm graduating in December.

Anyway, I digress, that is why I haven't posted in two weeks. But I have a nice little update for you today.



As you can see, still no haircut. I'm thinking by the end of next week it will be done. But I have to think of what I want to do for sure, and I need to decide if I can trust any hair stylists in town to not give me triangle haircut. Part of me wants to keep growing my hair out. I haven't had my hair longer than my shoulders since I was about nine-years-old. But since then, I can't ever get it past the stupid awkward length it's at right now. And I know that my curls won't be the tight and sassy curls I get with short hair. Oh, decisions, decisions.

The method is still going well. I'm already through my second bottle of conditioner. It's so dry up here that my hair just sucks up any moisture it can get. I also purchased my second bottle of gel. Stuck with the got2b stuff because everything else either had the nasty chemicals in it, or was way way way out of my price range.

All of the websites I have read say that by week 6 your hair should really be showing the curls and not be so frizzy. But I don't think those websites take into account the dry windy air of Eastern Idaho and the need for shorter hair.

Song of the Week: No 'bout a doubt it--Marion Hutton

Over the past two years I have started to get into older, jazzy vocalists. There's just something unique about listening to singers who can actually sing without big production managers like music today. These people have raw voices and it's just beautiful. This song not only shows that raw talent, but also is super cute. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been growing my hair out for the last 2 1/2 years and though I don't wear it curly, regular trims have made all the difference. It eliminated that weird in between stage and it just made things better. When I did wear it curly I would call salons and ask for a stylist with naturally curly hair. Then I would be assured of getting a cut by someone who actually knew the pitfalls of triangle hair!

    Love the writing and graduation in December, trying not to hate your guts! (I only have 9 million years to go on my degree!)

    ReplyDelete